Favorable circumstances do not always surround your life, and not everything is pleasant. You could face unpredictable threats in which a handy weapon will be helpful as protection. Thus, a tactical flashlight will be the most suitable equipment to mount as a weapon, especially during the dark. If you are one of the few individuals who work at night or go home at night, you must learn how to use a tactical flashlight.
What is a Tactical Flashlight
A tactical flashlight is initially made for armed forces. But throughout the yeard, it is also being accepted as a helpful tool for self-defense by civilians. It is generally smaller in size and made up of weapon-grade aluminum for maximum stability. It also emits more brightness than the conventional flashlights. This is the reason why most people want to know how to use a tactical flashlight.
This tool is recommended to apply and use by business areas or establishments to assist employees during emergencies. It is highly used as a household tool to lighten up dark places. It also helps hunters and uses it along with a gun for target identification. This makes the job easy to handle by eliminating the use of a separate flashlight. Some of them use the tactical flashlight for sighting and aiming to their target in dark places.
Choosing the Right Tactical Flashlight
Typically, there are more than 100 varieties of Tactical flashlights available in the market. They range from the nature of preference to the quality and the price of every model. But which one will best suit your need? Learning how to use a tactical flashlight will also help you identify which one is best for you.
- Size. Considering the size of the item is necessary for you to be able to carry it easily. It should be handy enough to be put inside your pouch or bag. And for ease of operation, it should be larger than the size of your palm.
- Simplicity of Design. There are several types of tactical flashlights in the market in which some of which are complex to use. You will be able to see some with SOS functions that change the flashlight’s brightness based on the number of pushes on the on/off switch. This might be hard for the majority of ordinary users, especially if they haven’t familiarized the ways on how to use a tactical flashlight. So, pick the one with a simple on/off switch to use to obtain a sharp light conveniently.
- Waterproof Feature. Waterproof is one of the basic features you must think about when purchasing a tactical flashlight, as it will operate in all situations, whether it is rain or wet.
- Bulb Type. LED flashlights are energy efficient. Its brightness is not also painful to the eyes, especially the cool white LED bulbs. Incandescent bulbs drain the batteries faster and may break easily when it slips your hand.
How to Use Tactical Flashlight?
Tactical flashlights are not ordinary flashlights, but it offers a wide range of benefits to the user. Though it does not stand as a weapon, it can be a useful tool for self-defense in some situations.
- Self-protection. The tactical flashlight has a feature that produces sharp light by narrowing the light into a single beam. When someone tries to attach you, this intense light can temporarily blind a person, especially in a dark place. This will give you the chance to escape from the bad guys.
- Illumination. Tactical flashlights come in various sizes to conveniently carry in your bag. This means that even if you find yourself lost in a dark place, you can safeguard yourself from possible threats. The narrow light it produces can reach a great distance. This ensures every footstep you take is safe from hidden holes or drains, by making your journey safe.
- Signaling for Help. Generally, we seek help from others by waving our hands or by making a sound. But these ways are applicable only during the day when there is enough light for others to see you call for help. This makes the tactical flashlight very useful for signaling for help at night.
Ways Operate Tactical Flashlight
There are ample methods for keeping a flashlight, and it is mainly based on the situation. The first option is holding it either in the underarm or in the icepick position at eye level. Other than this option, there are different ways to use a tactical flashlight and combine it with other tools or firearms.
- The FBI procedure. This procedure requires keeping the flashlight apart from the body by the non-shooting handout aside. When you discharge a shot, this will give a position from your body by making yourself secured.
- Neck Index Position. With this technique, the imperfections of FBI techniques, for example, balance and efficiency in handling the flashlight, can be surely prevented. This position requires you to carry the flashlight while you start shooting for an accurate firing process.
- The Harries Procedure. This approach allows the user to blindfold a target simultaneously while firing. It is convenient to apply this technique as it uses a stable firing position than the other methods.
A tactical flashlight is a tool for many purposes. Unlike the ordinary flashlights, its usage is way beyond just lighting your path when you go home at night from work. It can be used for self-defense, and you can call for help with it by waving it in the air. Undoubtedly, this is an added device that you can carry and use to protect yourself from bad guys. So, learn how to use a tactical flashlight for you to enjoy its full benefits. Know more about Tactical Flashlights.